Tuesday, June 14, 2011

The beginning...

I'll be honest, I've never really understood the purpose of blogs.... Always felt kinda odd to me.  But somehow, here I am.  I guess like everyone else, just wanting to have a place to write and chronicle my family's adventures!

My family is my two amazing, adorable sons - Ki (4) and Breckin (2).  And me.  And our two dogs, Layla (the Ausie Shepherd mix) and Mango (a poodle/bichon mix).  And some random fish.  I officially became a "single mom" in Dec '10, when the state "approved" the dissolution of my college sweetheart and I's 5 year marriage.  The reality is that, in many ways, I've been doing the single mom thing for a lot longer than Dec.  And in some ways, the transition has been easier than I thought it would be.  But clearly, no one ever gets married and brings children into the world hoping it would end this way...  But when it does, you just have to dust yourself off, get back on your feet, and find the joy that's all around you...  I'm digging the Conan O'Brien quote from his Dartmouth commencement address: "There are few things more liberating in this life than having your worst fear realized.... "but with disappointment comes clarity, conviction and true originality."  True enough, Conan...

No comments:

Post a Comment